The Professional Learning Programme held from 21st to 25th August 2017 is designed to strengthen capacity among education specialists and policy makers to better implement education reform in Asia.
The specific purpose of the programme is to develop the capacity of ADB and DMC officials to:
- build relevance in curriculum – alignment with national socio-economic development and the future economy;
- consider strategies that improve learning quality and the measurement of learning outcomes — navigating through a plethora of new age pedagogies;
- learn from global knowledge and best practices in teacher preparation and what best performing education systems are doing;
- shape an understanding of factors that assist or impede reform implementation including programme logic; and
- develop approaches to improve reform implementation in their own countries.
Participants left the programme having developed a country-specific approach on improving student learning outcomes.
View photos from the 2017 Programme in the gallery below.